Thursday 30 June 2011

Korean talent

I'm currently trying to write my dissertation about co-editions, but... Yesterday I've decided to have a break while I was in LCC Library and look for some children's books. I came across a wonderful volume collecting the most amazing illustrators' books since... 1890s! I'll share them with you in the next posts, it's something you can't really miss. They were not just simple books, they were real masterpieces, toys, beautifully illustrated and produced.
Stay tuned for more details...

What I'd like to share with you today, while my colleagues are hungrily reading their articles and getting more and more nervous about the dissertation, is Magic Bottles.


Above: The original Korean cover. 


This book was published in 2006 by Jaimimage, a Korean publishing company with a series of amazing highly illustrated children's books.

This is a surprising publication, including not just illustrated pages, but also some unexpected 'guests'... Can you imagine opening a bottle of milk, or soap, or chocolate and find hiding in there a cute animal?! This is what magically happens in this book: turn the bottles and find out who is waiting for you!

The talented illustrator and author behind the scenes is Goh Gyong-sook (b. 1972), who was awarded at Bologna Children's Book Fair in 2006.

Give in to your curiosity and let your imagination guess... Is that soap or an elephant?



No comments: